Lentil Carrot Soup
January 30, 2018
You know those days when you are sick and need a comforting warm bowl of soup? That is what happened to me a few days ago - I needed some soup ASAP. I came back home from work with a headache and runny nose and made this red lentil and carrot soup quickly to ease my pain and boost my body with some warm food.
What is best about this recipe is that in 40 minutes, you have your soup ready and it only requires 10 minutes of prepping. Did I mention it’s a delicious vegan recipe? (Guess I just did!)
- 1 onion cut to small cubes
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 carrots cut to cubes
- 2 potatoes cut to cubes
- 1 cup red lentils
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 8 cups of boiling water
- 1. In a big pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- 2. Add the onion to the pot and cook until it becomes transparent and tender.
- 3. Add the minced garlic cloves and cook for 1 more minute – be careful not to burn it.
- 4. Add lentils, carrots, potatoes and all spices and cook for 3 more minutes.
- 5. Add the boiling water and cook for 30 minutes.
- 6. Garnish with baby spinach leaves and serve with bread.
- 7. Enjoy and feel better!
Looking for more vegan recipes? click here: