August 8, 2017
A classic flavor that just about everyone loves. Furthermore, the dough is the same as the lemon raspberry tart recipe I published. Now you can choose what type of chocolate to use for the filling, so that’s always an added bonus. I bought dulcey chocolate of valrhona; the dulcey is a blonde chocolate, sweet with its own special flavor.
(You should consider this type of chocolate as white chocolate in the recipe if you choose to use it.)
For the dough:
- 150 grams / 2/3 cup flour
- 100 grams / 1 stick cold butter, cut to cubes
- 40 grams / 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
For the filling: (choose one of the 3)
- 1. Dark chocolate filling:
250 grams / 1 & 5/8 cups dark chocolate
270 milliliter / 1 cup + 2 tablespoons double cream
2. Milk chocolate filling:
250 grams / 1 & 5/8 cups milk chocolate
167 milliliter / 2/3 cup double cream
3. White chocolate filling:
250 grams / 1 & 5/8 cups white chocolate
125 milliliter / 1/2 cup double cream
- 1. In a food processor with a steel blade, place the flour, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt, then process until a crumbly mixture is obtained.
- 2. Add the egg and continue to process until the dough lumps are formed.
- 3. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and form a disc shape.
- 4. Wrap in plastic wrap and cool in the refrigerator for an hour.
- 5. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a 3-4 mm thick sheet and set aside the baking pan, making sure to create a right angle between the side and the base, ensuring that the edges remain high.
- 6. Stab the dough with a fork.
- 7. Freeze the dough inside the pan for an hour.
- 8. Set the oven to 170°C / 340°F fan.
- 9. Place a sheet of heat resistant nylon or crumpled baking paper on the dough and fill with dry beans/chickpeas or special weights for baking. (This is known as “Baking blind” and is the process of baking a pie crust or other pastry without the filling.)
- 10. Bake blind for 13 minutes.
- 11. Remove the weights from the dough and continue baking for 13 more minutes.
- 12. Cool in room temperature.
- 13. Cut the chocolate to small pieces and place in a bowl. Heat the double cream in a pot until it start boiling - do not let it boil hard. Pour the cream on the chocolate and let it sit for 3 minutes. Mix the chocolate until it all melts and dissolves with the cream.
- 14. Pour on the baked dough and keep in the refrigerator for 2 hours for stabilizing.
- 15. Decorate with coconut flakes, chocolate candies, fruits, or nuts.